Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Rest of My Fall Musings

Okay, so I got preoccupied for a few days, and never finished the rest of the posts, so here I am trying to do it now. Last week, (Thursday and Friday) Jef and I and friends went on a Harley Ride. It was way more fun than I ever anticipated, maybe it was just the extremely low expectations that I had, but it was great. The weather was perfect, the scenery incredible and the company was pretty decent considering we look (and probably smell) pretty grungy. We started out in Yakima, where I drove and dropped off my car so that I could drive it to the football game on Friday and bring the boys home from the game. We headed out over White Pass which is one of my favorite areas of the Evergreen State, then on towards Mt. St. Helen's. We took some extremely scenic routes and ended up staying the night at the Bonneville Hot Springs. The hot tubs on the private decks were great after a day on a motorcycle. The next morning we headed over the Bridge of the Gods. A byline here is that for the last few years I have been able to keep my bridge phobia underwraps and under control, but being on a grated bridge that you can look through down to the water made me want to hurl. Anyway, after that we went to Multnomah Falls and the old highway which was incredible and after some wrong turns ended up heading towards Mt. Hood and the Mt. Hood National Forest. After a great day, we took a highway towards Goldendale (142 I think.) Goldendale has some incredible views of volcanos and I never get tired of looking at them. Then straight on back to Yakima and the football game. It was really a great time.

No comments: