Saturday, July 5, 2008

Right To Bear Arms


Jack shooting the tannerite. It was such a loud bang and sent out a shock wave that shook the dishes in the cupboards.

200+ pallets ready to go up in flames.


Notice the M80 being thrown by Jonah



Okay, so here is a funny story leading up to the 4th. I was in Tri-Cities doing errands and got a phone call from Jack asking me to go to Wal-Mart to get some ammo for the 4th. Not wanting to get it wrong, I wrote down everything that he wanted me to get, which was 10 boxes of 12 gauge shot gun shells, 10 boxes of 20 gauge shot gun shells, 20 boxes of 223 bullets and 2 boxes of HMR 17's. So off to Wal-Mart I go and start loading up from my list. Only there weren't enough boxes on the shelves so the associate had to go to the back and get the rest out of a locked cage. So I waited and waited and he finally came back with everything. Then he said that I could just check out in the back of the store instead of having to fight the lines in the front. So that was great. Anyway he rang me up for $2670.00. I almost had a heart attack but thought 'well Jef was there when Jack placed his order so surely he knew how much it was going to be.' Because the amount was so large they had to call a manager and ask me what I was going to do with all of this ammunition. I thought that was kind of a weird question but I told him we were going to shoot it, after all it's our constitutional right to do so and tomorrow's the 4th. Anyway, when I got home Jack opened the back of the suburban and almost had a heart attack. Evidently what I consider a box is really a case. At least we have a year supply of something.

6 comments:

The Easton Family said...

very very funny. looks like it was a good time. if your kids would stop graduating in June, maybe we could make the trip up there in july someday! :) I noticed that you called the other day... we were camping at the sand dunes. (which actually turned out to be a pretty fun time!) glad you had a good independence day...

Justine said...

What the heck. that is CRAZY!! it looks like fun and i am so sad that i didn't get to do it! or see everything. oh well...

Ashley said...

That is hilarious!!!

ShaRee said...

I will be coming to your house if there is civil unrest in Mattawa :) I will bring the food. I wonder if your name was just put on the CIA watch list...hmmmmmm

ShaRee said...

Sunbathing is my most favorite thing in the world....Take a dip to cool off and then lay out and soak up the sun, then repeat all day. That is the best therapy for me, cooling off then warming up. Not very productive but very relaxing.

I had to show Peter your blog last night, we thought your ammo cashe was spectacular.....

ShaRee said...

I am adding your blog to my list if that is ok.