Saturday, October 4, 2008

13.1 Miles of Fun??





So today I ran a half-marathon in Leavenworth with my sister-in-law Karisa and my friend Sharee. Before the race I was trying to remember why 3 months ago I thought that this was a good idea and on the second mile I was convinced that it was most definitely a very stupid idea. However, after mile 2 1/2 it was great fun. I felt the best during miles 6-9, then I was just tired and hurting. My goal was to finish in under three hours and I did it in 2:52. Not a great time and certainly not as good as Sharee and Karisa, but it was still a lot of fun and a great sense of accomplishment.

2 comments:

ShaRee said...

Yeah! Thanks for the pictures it was fun to see Karisa and Leavenworth. I bet it was a pretty run.

Ashley said...

Wow!! You are my new hero. Congrats!!