Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dumb Luck


Today I went downstairs to see how the kids were doing in school. Jo had to turn this paper in today, so I read it to see if it was any good. I laughed so hard. It is so Jonah. If you remember he's the one who tells Jack to just keep on hitting him because he's keeping tally marks and one day he's going to be bigger than Jack.
Written by Jonah Gallacci
Mrs.Lynes
10/29/08
Dumb Luck
This is the true story of how I got my motorcycle. It is not the exaggerated stories my brothers tell about how I broke everything like the Dodge, the four-wheeler, both motorcycles, and the truck. Also, this story is about how I got my motorcycle taken away and the trials I went through to get it back.
This all dates back to October 24, 2007. Jack and I were working on his
motorcycle when it happened—love at first sight. I was in the garage when two things hit me. One was Jack’s wrench and the other was the fact that this wonderful machine would be mine one day. During that year the motorcycle and I got to be best friends. I think my dog Sage was a little worried. How about we call the motorcycle Red? Red and I changed water day and night, day after day, week after week, month after month. My brothers hated that I rode Red all the time, but I just loved Red so much. We were inseparable.
One fateful afternoon, James called me and said, “The four-wheeler died.”
“What do you want me to do?” I asked and hung up the phone. Then I got in Jack’s truck and tried to go save James. On my way…. the truck died in the middle of the road. A man came in a red Chevy and gave me some diesel then Jack came home from school. He was madder than a hurricane, a tsunami, a momma tiger, and me when I’m hungry. The man was still there so Jack had to contain his anger. Jack called my Dad. He was as mad as Jack and told me to go to my room until he or my Mom got home. Mom got home about ten minutes later. She was madder than Jack and my Dad. She told me, “No more football!!!!!!!!!” Three hours later Dad came home. He told me that in addition to no football I couldn’t ride anything with a motor. What I learned from this experience is I have the worst luck and never cross Jack. Now the sad part is out of the way. Over time I started riding Red whenever I needed to. I progressed to riding whenever I wanted. Last Friday on our way home from the football game [that Jack lost] my Dad said, “At least you get a new motorbike.” He said that because Jack had wanted to get a new bike but he didn’t have enough money. Now he can work it off. That made me happy because Jack can’t have two motorcycles. So now here I am sitting in class waiting to be done so I can travel the back roads of Mattawa with Red.

5 comments:

Justine said...

oh man. that is SO funny! it totally is jonah and it is totally true, i can see every one acting that way. I am just sad i missed it. sounds like a good episode!! way funny! good job jo!

The Easton Family said...

Hilarious...glad to see Jonah and Red reunited! :)

Ashley said...

That is true talent. He is so expressive with his words. Hilarious.

David, Karisa & Co. said...

I love the part about how two things hit him in the garage, Jack's wrench being one of them. Great story, totally Jonah! Maybe he will be able to take over Jacks new bike when he goes on his mission.

ShaRee said...

I don't know Jonah very well so this was fun to get a piece of his mind. He is a cute and clever little guy.

Yes I would love your help for the Harvest Dinner. I think your crazy though for offering and Yes everyone tries to protect the Bishop's wife from the work...I would rather you come and enjoy yourself. But this is so you, volunteering, so thanks! I will e-mail info to you soon. S